The Raceboard World Championship taking place from 2nd -7th September 2013 will be the greatest sailing event of the year to be held at Lake Nove Mlyny, Yacht Club Dyje Breclav – Pavlov in the Czech Republic. [more]
There are almost 100 competitors entered for the World Championship representing 17 countries – Argentina, Australia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Lithuania, Germany, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Austria, Slovakia, USA, Spain, Switzerland, and Great Britain.
The divisions participating for the World Titles shall be Men and Women. Included will be prize divisions for age and weight categories – Youth, Master, Grand Master, Veteran, Lightweight, Heavyweight and Seven-Five. A minimum of 5 competitors is required to constitute a Prize Division.Personalities from the world of windsurfing racing at these 2013 World Championship include:
- Patrik Pollak, Slovakia – Olympic participant in Atlanta 1996, Sydney 2000, Beijing 2008 – academic World Champion in class ONE DESIGN 1996 – multiple European and World Champion – multiple Slovakian Champion and International Champion of the Czech Republic. He is also excellent in kiting and snow kiting. He regularly takes part at King of the Wing. He has made record in the length of flight on the Kite wing – 333,2m.
- Fernando Consorte Campos, Argentina, 2nd Place World Championship 2012
Vincent Huguenin, Switzerland, World Champion 2011
- Juha Blinnikka, Finland – Grand Master Champion, 2nd Place World and European Champion in winter windsurfing, He has been racing more than 35 years.
- Louis Morris, Great Britain – 20-year-old competitor, black horse on the entry list, He has been doing very well recently at British races.
- Top Czech seed Petr Kucera junior, National team member at the Olympic Games.
Information on: Event Website and Facebook
History of the World Champion winners from the year 1990
For access to press releases and photos from Worlds contact Sarka Bauerova for accreditation.